Sunday 22 March 2015

Mitchell House Anniversary

As usual, the week in Juniors has completely drained me - I managed to make it through the last few days with only a small scratch on my left hand! But of course it was lots of fun being with the little ones again and having an excuse to play 'evil fish' at break time. 'Evil fish' is a game that we invented last week - I found a toy plastic fish in the water tray and started chasing the boys with it while making very realistic sound effects (blubblubblub). It soon developed into this massive war between most of the children in the Junior class and my plastic fish. I gave up after they sussed out that the fish was actually under my control and started coming after me instead of the toy, but I managed to convince them that the evil fish had me under a spell. So - a very exhausting week but lots of fun.

The big event of the last few days was on Friday, when Mitchell House celebrated its 21st anniversary. The school paid for a company to come and set up a water park on the sports fields, that we took all the children to in the morning. There were a variety of inflatable slides and obstacle courses covered in soapy water so we all had a great time and came back to class rather wet. After the water park the whole school met up outside the Admin Block and buried a time capsule which will be dug up again in 20 years! Kathryn, Zoe and I might have to make a special return visit for the occasion... That evening a few speeches were given in the school Theatre by the current headmaster and the first headmaster of Mitchell House, followed by a ceremonial cake cutting. Once the cake was cut everybody collected a helium filled balloon from outside the Theatre and made their way onto the sports field, where we did one lap and then let off all the balloons together. People then brought out picnic rugs and sat down to watch the sunset while having some dinner - such a great day!

In other news: plans for my family's visit have now been made, we'll be travelling through Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe for two weeks in a tour truck, all the while taking part in various exciting activities. I can't wait! Only two and a half months to go...

Having fun at the picnic

Getting ready for the cake cutting

Goodbye balloons!



No comments:

Post a Comment